Monday, June 23, 2008

Obtaining the book

As class ended, I walked out and thought to myself, "should I get the book first or grab something to eat?" I definitely was hungry and my tummy had growled a few times during class. It must be angry at me for not feeding it. Ha! Whatever, I am just happy that this writing class is different and will make my summer session way more interesting. Blogging instead of traditional essays? How cool is that? I'm not saying it will be easy, just different and in a good way. It will help me be more open minded to new ideas and writing styles that I have yet to explore and master. I then decided to be nice to my stomach and headed to Carl's Jr. After a fulfilling meal, I headed to the bookstore outside of campus to begin my journey of text book hunting. As I entered the store, the girl who worked there said I had to leave my bag in a cubby. What bothered me was the fact that there wasn't many people around and with four employees watching your every move, what can you possibly take? Besides, my handbag wasn't even big enough to carry my small notebook and wallet like alone store books. Another thing that was weird was that the cubbies do not have locks so people can just take your things without you knowing. But whatever I guess, I just need to buy the darn book and start my new adventure of UWP of blogging. So I strolled over to the UWP section and was pissed that they did not seem to carry it. I looked up and down and walked to other aisles in case it might be located in a different section. But no luck and I was very disappointed. Cursing at myself thinking, "I should've stopped at the bookstore on campus instead of trying to save a couple bucks and coming here." I decided to leave, but instead headed over to the counter and asked for help. Ha! Turned out that there were two copies left and so i paid twenty five bucks for it used. So can anyone tell me if I got a bargain? lolz. Oh and I had to walk back to the cubby, get my bag, and then go back to the counter to pay! >_<

No comments: